We are seeking an experienced Lead Proposal Coordinator to join our Marketing Department to support proposal planning and development, across the company. American Bridge is a legendary contractor that has built some of the world’s most notable structures, and the successful candidate will become a vital part of the continued success of AB. There are significant opportunities for advancement as part of the AB team.
The Proposal Coordinator should possess knowledge and understanding of business writing procedures; demonstrate excellent inter-personal and communication skills; work well as part of a team; and be driven to succeed by delivering quality and timely support to others. Exposure to the engineering/construction industry and technical writing is a definite plus.
The preferred location of this position would be at our Corporate Headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA. An alternate location maybe considered at one of our regional offices including Fort Lee, NJ; Tampa, FL; Kansas City, MO, or Concord, CA.
- Reports to the Senior Manager- Marketing
- Provides assistance during proposal development and support including research, writing, editing, formatting, and quality checking of text and graphics for preparation of proposals, , and presentations.
- Schedules, facilitates, and documents proposal review and status meetings.
- Assists with proposal formatting, printing, and production.
- Performs data collection and organization tasks for proposal team, including communication with internal team members and teaming partners, outlining requirements, and organizing and distributing information.
- Attends proposal meetings. Researches and compiles information from a variety of internal and external databases, internet and intranet sites, and other internal data sources (including resumes, project descriptions, boilerplate text, etc.).
- Develops technical content through research and interviewing project staff, and site visits.
- Assists with the archiving of proposal content and upload to appropriate internal databases or servers as part of proposal closeout procedures in a timely and quality manner and according to division standards.
- Performs self-check of work products to eliminate repeat errors and demonstrate continuous improvement in work products.
- Participates in required training and knowledge sharing activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, or related field is required. Minimum 3 years of proposal preparation/management experience in the construction, engineering, or architecture industry. 5 years of demonstrable experience is preferred.
- Ability to understand and convey complex technical concepts in a manner that is readable and professional.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to work positively and professionally with various levels of staff throughout the organization.
- Proficiency in business writing, technical editing, proofreading, document formatting skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving perfection in work product.
- Strong ability to perform multiple tasks in an organized manner and concurrently and at the direction of various people.
- Willingness to travel within the United states and Canada, occasionally including weekends and evenings.
- Flexibility to work the necessary hours (including weekends and evenings) to maintain the proposal schedule.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Competency/experience with Adobe InDesign.
Applicants should be prepared to provide a list of proposals (name, delivery type [Design-Bid-Build, Design-Build, P3, etc.], owner, role, contract value, etc.) at an interview.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, reporting tools related to databases.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Current driver's license
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand and walk.
American Bridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/H/V